Cheer Tryouts are Coming!
If you are interested in trying out for our 2017-2018 Sideline cheer team, there are a few things you need to do in order to attend the clinic and tryout.
1. Print out the physical form and get a current physical that is dated AFTER May 1st, 2017.
2. Complete and print out the NVUSD Agreement for Participation forms
3. Complete and print out the NVUSD Concussion Head Injury Information Sheet
4. Present a copy of your current progress report or report card on the first clinic day. A 2.0 GPA is required to be eligible for the team. No exceptions.
The clinic and tryout will take place on the ACHS campus. Meet in room B-128 to register. Please show up 30 minutes early on the first day of the clinic to get registered. Bring all necessary forms. If you are missing paperwork, you will not be allowed to participate.
Clinic Dates: May 8th, 9th and May 10th (4 pm-6 pm)
(Please arrive at 3:30 pm for registration on the 8th)
Tryout Date: May 11th (4 pm-6 pm)
First fitting: May 12th (3:30 pm in B-128)
Any new student who registers at American Canyon High School after the official tryout date will be allowed to try out for the Cheer Program as long as all of the following provisions are met.
The new student:
1. Must be officially registered prior to the summer break with the Registrar. This is approximately one week after the last day of school in the month of June.
2. Must submit all required cheer forms and medical clearances prior to the tryout.
3. Must be able to pay the fee within seven days of acceptance to the team. Failure to pay the fee on time will result in a delivery delay of the uniform and accessories.
4. Must attend the summer session cheer camp if selected to join the team.
5. Must have a G.P.A of at least a 2.0 from her/his previous school.
6. Must accept the fact that the official uniform may be delayed due to it being ordered late. This delay will require the new student to sit out of performances until the uniform arrives. The coaching staff will not allow any member to participate in an official routine without the required cheer attire. In addition, any additional fees charged for the official uniform and other required attire will be added to the regular fees and be paid by the student/family