- To clear a student for an all day absence please call the attendance hotline at 557-8321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave the student’s name (spell the last name), date of absence, reason for absence and your relationship to the student.
- To excuse a child early from school, for any reason, please send a note with your student in the morning. The student will bring the note to the attendance secretary and get an off grounds pass. The student will then meet you out in front of the school after they are excused from class. If a note is NOT sent in the morning and a student is in P.E., we cannot pull them from class until that class period is finished.
- We do realize that sometimes appointments are made after the student leaves for school. In that case, please come to the Attendance window to sign your student out. Please keep in mind that a last minute request can take a while before student arrives in office. Also, during Access (Wednesday mornings from 9:59am to 10:39am) we cannot send a call slip for a student as they can be anywhere on campus. We also cannot call for them on the intercom as students are making up tests, working on group projects, etc.
- Upon return to school, parents/guardians must clear/verify absences within 5 school days or the absence will become truant. Once recorded as truant, it cannot be changed.
- For all other attendance matters please call the attendance secretary at 653-1425.
- Pre-Arranged Absences: Students need to pick up a form from the attendance secretary, complete it, including a parent signature and return it by the last day of classes before the absence begins. This process allows students to set up a plan for making up work, it does not necessarily mean the absence will be excused. (See attendance policies)
- If students are less than 30 minutes late to first period (WITH NO EXCUSE), they are to go directly to class.
- If students are more than 30 minutes late they must get a pass in the Attendance Office (excused or not.)
- Students must check in at the Attendance Office when arriving after 9:00 a.m., even if it’s during passing, or lunch. Students must check out when leaving school, at all times.